Service Shop Diesel TechnicianOperations | Indianapolis, IN, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The position of Service Shop Diesel Technician is responsible for service, repair and maintenance of Xylem equipment in a safe and efficient manner at a Xylem Service Center.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and servicing as directed on Xylem diesel engine equipment between each rental. Diagnose and report any damage to the Service Manager.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list for assigned Xylem equipment. Review list of parts with Service Manager and obtain approval to continue with servicing and repair.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Perform preventative maintenance on Company vehicles and shop support equipment as directed (air dryer, chain saws, lifts, etc.).
- Assist customer and/or Xylem personnel with setting up pumping systems on customer job sites as needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies and best practices.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Ability to diagnose common mechanical and electrical issues
- Experience with diesel engine repairs
- Basic knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques to repair and maintain equipment
- Basic knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing skills
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and managers both verbally and in writing
- Two to three years of experience and/or training or combination of education, training and experience.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Prolonged standing on concrete floors; lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; moderate bending and stooping
- Shop environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standards
- Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.