Outside Sales RepSales | Harrisburg, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: The Direct Sales Representative is responsible for maximizing the financial performance of their territory by expanding the rental and sales of Xylem products and services. Utilizing strong technical and product knowledge will solve customer fluid handling programs and increase company business through the development of pumping systems, products, aftermarket sales and services in the markets we serve.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maximize financial performance of the region by expanding the rentals and sales of Xylem products and services.
- Grow and maintain an effective sales pipeline utilizing SalesForce.com.
- Establish new accounts while maintaining and increasing the sales volume of territory accounts and territories in compliance with all company policies, instructions and directives. This includes aggressively soliciting orders through cold calling, developing construction marketing data leads, answering incoming requests and all other means possible.
- Apply application technologies to provide useful and practical service, pumps and solutions to customers, while seeking new uses for company products.
- Work in conjunction with Marketing to drive bid reporting services and lead management in addition to build company image to drive new opportunities and brand recognition within the territory; identify, develop and implement local marketing strategies
- Create synergy opportunities for cross-business selling based on Xylem solution set awareness.
- Be alert to competitive products and merchandising practices and keep management informed concerning them.
- Prepare and assist with various sales reports. This includes sales audits, bids, proposals, quotes, workload analysis, sales forecasts, territory potentials, call programs and routes, call reports and expense reports.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, sales blitzes, committee activities, conventions and trade shows as directed.
- Assist in the field training of any sales representative as requested.
- Keep abreast of and review/analyze Dodge Room and Contractors Exchange Research reports.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years’ sales or sales related experience (pump or rental industry preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value-based selling.
- General knowledge of mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulic, pneumatics, water flow, diesel, gas and electric motors in related field of pumps, pumping systems, equipment rental or construction preferred.
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s is required.
- Ability to present product education seminars to groups of 20-40 people is a must
- Effective organizational and communication skills (written/verbal).
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Ability to meet and continuously maintain authorization to operate a company vehicle.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to lift 70+ pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 6+ hours per day
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Job Site: Regular exposure to job site conditions and hazards; e.g. petrochemical refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, wastewater treatment plants, etc.
- Shop: Regular exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and job site noise.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.