Material Coordinator/Shipping & ReceivingOperations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Material Coordinator/Shipping & Receiving will be responsible for managing parts inventory that meets our fleet, as well as customer requirements, for optimal operational maintenance of all equipment. They will look up parts, distribute them to service personnel, process all work order transactions including allocating parts, process all customer parts sale orders, and complete all parts cycle counts and responsible for providing accurate parts information to employees/customers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean and organized area with all bins designated and parts located in appropriate bins.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels of all parts products to meet sale and repair requirements.
- Process inventory adjustments, Goods Out to Works and Goods In to Works Transactions, to facilitate accurate accounting of parts, sale, and rental inventory.
- Complete forms to initiate corporate level inventory adjustments to accurately reflect current inventory state. (Item Code Requests, Inventory Adjustment Form, Hose Fabrication Sheets, Parts Conversion Form, Fleet Set Up Form and Fleet Change Over Form).
- Process Item to Item Transfers to move items from Sale stock to Rental fleet.
- Complete Parts Physical Inventory Cycle Counts with goal of 100% accuracy and needs awareness to increase inventory turn rates.
- Manage inventory usage and replenishment for all Service & Sales Vehicles (Bin-to-Bin Transfers).
- Process Transfers In/Out of Parts inventory, physically and in the system, for items shipped to/from other branch facilities.
- Package, ship and receive goods as required via UPS, Federal Express, etc.
- Submit new Vendor Account Set Up documentation.
- Order parts, either from the Corporate Distribution Center, alternate branch locations or vendors to maintain stock and fulfill service, sales or rental orders.
- Order shop, vehicle, safety and branch consumable supplies and shop equipment that are non-order related.
- Create Purchase Orders, including accurate quantities and pricing, as appropriate based on approved buying channels.
- Physically receive all incoming goods, verify quantities and complete Goods In as confirmation of goods received. Resolve discrepancies with vendors for any inaccurate shipments.
- Coordinate and process return shipments to vendors utilizing the Return-To-Vendor Transaction.
- Manage Customer Owned Asset History, creating external assets (if applicable) and updating data for all Customer Owned Serialized Assets.
- Process component changes on all fleet and customer owned assets.
- Open Work Orders for all Fleet, Vehicle, Preparation for Sale and Customer Owned Assets.
- Create and distribute quotations, as necessary, for billable repairs.
- Utilize Pump Build Codes to assist internal and external customers in determining appropriate parts required for repairs.
- Distribute, log and allocate parts issued to mechanics on the appropriate paperwork and in the system.
- Maintain Work Order documents from start to finish of repair. Obtain and electronically file mechanics service repair report and checklist with work order.
- Maintain electronic service records for all fleet equipment (including vehicles) and hard copy service records for all customer equipment.
- Understand Vendor Warranty terms and how to identify units or parts that are within the vendor warranty period.
- Process Warranty Work Orders and Warranty issues through the Corporate Warranty Department.
- Provide parts pricing and availability for all stock (list) and procured items (cost) to both internal and external customers, as necessary.
- Create and distribute quotations, as necessary, for parts sale orders.
- Process Parts Sale Transactions (New Sales/Returns - Order Placement to Invoicing Submissions).
- Process credit card payments relative to Customer Billable Work Orders or Parts Sale Orders.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- One year parts counter experience in a diesel engine shop or related industrial equipment parts environment
- One year experience with computerized inventory management system.
- Six months forklift operation experience working with palletized bulk products as well as heavy equipment
- Ability to maintain organized document files, in either electronic and/or hard copy versions
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in fast paced environment
- Ability to respond and support emergency requirements for parts and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form
- Demonstrated high levels of attention to detail
- Proficiency with computer software programs to include Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- General knowledge of computerized order processing, inventory management and third party shipping software
- Basic mechanical aptitude
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.