Junior PlannerOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Junior Production Planner to support Operations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain the production plan for assigned Yellow Springs products.
- Participate on project teams to add and enhance Oracle functionality in the area of Planning and Scheduling enabling YSI to align YSI with best practices in these areas.
- Assist Inventory control function with the reconciling of inventory discrepancies.
- Monitor process of planning and scheduling and impact on operational capacity.
- Participate on new product teams to set up planning for new products to ensure smooth transition into manufacturing and customer expectations for delivery are met.
- Work with all groups to discontinue products and coordinate necessary activities.
- Backup to Operations Team Leader
- Develop and maintain reporting for Sales and Operations Planning.
- Assist with achieving inventory dollar and turns goals.
- Maintain data for shipment and on-time performance.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities as directed.
- Daily release of discrete jobs
- Provide daily updates on overdue order status
- Assist with managing min-max levels for KanBan’s.
- Manage expedite activity from call center.
- Review and authorize stock requisitions.
- Communicate regularly with team members as well as management employees.
- Work closely with Operations Team Leader on issues of capacity to ensure the production plan can be achieved.
- Work with Purchasing Teams on material issues
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Production & Inventory Management a must.
- APICS certification highly desired
- Desirable to have experience with Oracle E-Business suite – especially master scheduling and advanced supply chain modules.
- Familiarity with MRP II systems and, JIT concepts and best practices. Oracle ERP system experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to train and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work within dynamic environment with customer delivery pressure.
- Strong analytical, reasoning and leadership skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce and customer base.
- Ensures compliance with Company's and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Maintains outside professional contacts and participates in APICS and other associations.
- Strong organizational and PC skills, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.