Information Security AnalystEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is seeking Information Security Analyst candidates with a Cyber Security background to join our team. As a member of the Global Security Operations team, you will work with vulnerability management, SIEM, and NGAV tools to help protect on-prem and cloud-based applications. The Information Security Analyst will support the administration of enterprise-wide information security technology activities, primarily focused on administrative support for security of network devices, servers, and data. This includes support for day-to-day activities, security operations and the security of the LAN, WAN, VPCs and server infrastructure in our North American data centers and AWS. A successful candidate will support the development, implementation, and maintenance of security solutions for critical infrastructure applications. We are looking for someone with a strong IT background with focus in information security, and a proven ability to deliver under pressure in a 24/7 supported operations environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Administer network security and computing devices/systems that enforce security policies and controls in a mixed Linux and Windows environment
- Perform hands-on support for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: SIEM, NIDS/IPS, HIDS, malware analysis and protection, logical access controls, identity and access management, data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, forensic analysis software, and security incident response
- Analyze and respond to security alerts from Firewall, IDS/IPS, EDR, and SIEM sources
- Administer network security and computing controls that enforce security policies in a technologically diverse environment
- Analyze and respond to security threats from Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Antivirus (AV), Network Access Control (NAC), Managed SIEM partner and other security threat data sources
- Respond to external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Recommend and coordinate the application of fixes, patches, disaster recovery procedures in the event of a security incident or breach
- Research emerging technologies in support of operational security control implementation and enhancements
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Two (2) years in a system administration (e.g., Network, Windows, Linux admin) role
- Two (2) years of cyber security experience with a focus in information security
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Security, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with AWS/Azure cloud environments
- CISSP, Network+, Security+, CISA, CEH, CSSLP, CHFI, CCSP, GCIH, GCIA, PMP
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.