Field Service TechnicianOperations | Kalgoorlie, Australia, Australia
Xylem’s focus is to be the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies. We listen, learn and adapt to local environments, working in partnership with our customers and communities to 'solve water'.
Xylem seeks a Field Service Technician to join the Service and Rental team in Kalgoorlie. The Field Service Technician will complete routine services and repair work in the field on Xylem products with focus on Godwin diesel pump sets. Holding a mechanical trade qualification, you like to trouble shoot, are solutions focused, have the ability to operate in a safety-first manner as well as providing exceptional Customer support.
This role will see you travel to customer sites to:
- Carry out on site servicing of Xylem products and emergency work on pumping and associated equipment on customers sites.
- Work independently and remotely on customer sites throughout the goldfields on a regular basis.
- Clean, strip, overhaul customer pumps and products and provide assessments for customers for cost of repairs prior to completion of repairs in the Kalgoorlie workshop when not working on site.
- Provide timely and accurate advice and support to staff and customers on service, workshop and product related issues both orally and in writing where required.
- Maintain all relevant documentation and reports for work undertaken.
Skills & Experience required:
- Trade qualified or proven experience in the industry with experience as a diesel or mechanical (preferable working with pumps or a willingness to learn);
- MR and forklift license (highly desirable)
- Great attention to detail and time management skills
- Must be an exceptional communicator (both written and oral) with a great attitude
- Ability to travel throughout the Goldfields region
Apply Now to become part of a loyal, hardworking team and join us on our journey to solve water!
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development and work-life integration
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.