Electronics EngineerEngineering | Cambridge, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
We hire bright, thoughtful and motivated individuals, and recognise that our success as an organisation depends on creating an environment where great employees can thrive. Teams are fluid, and individuals are trusted to take on stretching work within a supportive environment that emphasises the importance of strong communication and knowledge sharing. The fast-paced, project-based environment provides opportunities for motivated people to get involved in all aspects of delivery and to develop into new technical areas.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
Sentec, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire an Electronics Engineer. At Sentec we apply our knowledge of fundamental science, electronics, software, analytics and design across a wide range of advanced products, both within the Xylem group, and to a number of selected third parties, including some familiar household brands. From brainstorming to prototype to manufacture and production process, our clients benefit from outstanding ideas and class-leading products and services.
Our ownership structure provides a unique opportunity: we receive the insights, challenges, global view, and stability of a large corporation, we are left to operate in a small-company, agile, innovative manner to deliver solutions – which ultimately have a commercial route to market through our parent company – giving our team the unique position of seeing their innovations being deployed in real commercial products. Sentec innovations are making important contributions to some of today’s key social and global resource issues – for example, there are now over 15 million smart city assets incorporating Sentec technology deployed around the world, enabling the management of energy and water resources.
As a member of our Electronics team you will be responsible for research and development, delivering technical work on client projects (both at clients’ sites and at Sentec offices), project management as well as business development. The position is largely based in our Cambridge office however you will have the opportunity for some travel, this could be UK-wide, within Europe or the United States.
At Sentec you will be working in a rapidly evolving industry at an exciting time for technologists developing solutions for the sustainability agenda. In order to be successful you will need to demonstrate leadership in pursuit of technical solutions and novel ideas, have a hands-on approach to problem solving and ultimately managing projects against time, budget and client expectations.
The role is varied and you will be required to apply your problem solving skills on a daily basis. You should enjoy participating in a dynamic team, working towards deadlines and delivering excellent technical solutions. You will be required to communicate effectively in a wide range of environments, both with colleagues and clients and will have the opportunity to develop your negotiation skills. We are looking for a candidate who is able to design high performance sensor measurement and control systems.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Excellent understanding of analogue signal chain design and simulation.
- Strong knowledge of embedded system hardware design, choosing where and how to implement functionality in a system to optimise performance (where performance can be combination of measurement performance, cost, time to market, power consumption or other project goals)
- Experience in low power, battery design
- Strong Academic Background (degree level or better) in a related subject
- Comfortable communicating at all levels within the business
- Schematic and PCB Layout skill (Altium Designer Preferred)
- Strong understanding of physical systems and metrology
- Strong understanding of signal processing and filtering, both in digital and analogue domains
- Familiarity with C/C++ for microprocessor coding, to facilitate mixed signal design
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office or site laboratory setting
- Estimated 10% or less travel requirement
- Standard weekly job hours: 37.5 hours
- Competitive salaries
- Holiday of 25 days per year, increases with length of service
- Group life cover at 4 times basic salary
- Private health care
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Relocation expenses as appropriate
- Annual performance and merit process
- Discretionary 10% All staff bonus scheme
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Access to flexible benefits including cycle to work, critical illness cover and green car leasing
- Flexible and remote working