Senior Instructional DesignerEngineering | Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
As a Senior Instructional Designer at Xylem you will be a part of the global Technical Documentation Group, India Technology Center.
Your main tasks will be to manage, produce and maintain online training (videos, e-learnings, podcast etc.) and digital material. Your aim is to make user friendly content that supports new and current way of learning.
A part from this your tasks is to;
- Work closely with instructional designer (in Sweden) to analyze what online learning experiences that are suited for the specific need.
- Work with Subject matter Expert (SME) Engineers globally to gather and confirm facts and content in the deliveries
- Train/coach internal customers in the usage of digital tools and methods
Your role is also to support in design and implementation of technical initiatives within learning. A part from this we also expect you to and support you in your own up-skilling as a Digital Learning Producer.
As you develop in your role there will be career opportunities to take on additional challenges in either a specialist or management track.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop learning solution
- Content transfer from subject matter expert
- Select optimal methods to target group
- Identify and repurpose existing material
- Create learning activities based on objectives
- Design exercises
- Create learning material
- Create trainer guidelines, including course/driving plan (for ILT*/vILT*)
- Secure evaluation process
- Secure training documentation for trainer and/or learner
- Learning tools and methods
- Know a variety of learning tools and methods and is able to select the most adequate ones to fit the purpose and the target group, as well as vary the training sessions
- Prepare for development of learning activities
- Analyze target group
- Clarify learning objectives
- Agree scope for learning activity with stakeholder
- Involve target group in development
- Support implementation of learning activities
- Arrange/coordinate pilot training
- Evaluate pilot sessions and agree sign-off with stakeholder
- Develop and maintain knowledge
- Stay updated in relevant subject matter area best practices within learning
- Practice using new methods and tools
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Educational background:
Bachelors or Masters in production and creating multimedia content.Professional experience:
- 6 years with relevant training experience, production of trainings and/or multimedia content
- Applications may be asked to take a writing test to convey their content structuring abilities and technical English language skills.
Most important competencies required of the individual:
- Communicative in verbal and written English language
- Passionate about creating multi-media content in a pedagogical way, both when it comes to the actual developing, but also the relevance of the message
- Willingness, skill and ability to learn new digital learning tools quick.
- Demonstrated experience in working with digital learning tools such as i.e. Articulate 360, Adobe premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Rush or similar.
- Worked with creating video, podcast, gamification and animation
- Worked with 3D animation, rendering and visualization
- Thorough and structured way of working
- Ability to deliver on made commitments
- Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Interested in Technical Writing and Illustrations