Senior Engineering Technician (Workshop) (T3)Operations | Throsk, UK, United Kingdom
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyse, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services, and agricultural settings. With its October 2016 acquisition of Sensus, Xylem added smart metering, network technologies and advanced data analytics for water, gas and electric utilities to its portfolio of solutions. The combined Company’s nearly 16,000 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2015 revenue of $3.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
Supporting the installation, service and refurbishment of submersible and surface mounted pumping equipment, sewage treatment plants and all associated components, including control systems, valves and pipework
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analytical survey of control equipment, both electrical and physical.
- Isolate, dismantle and inspect pumping equipment, including moving parts and lubricants.
- Examine and report any defects with regards to the valves and pipework.
- Report any abnormalities.
- Supply details, measurements, and full descriptions of any components that require replacement.
- Install and commission supplied equipment and all associated apparatus.
- Work as part of a team where health and safety demands.
- Carry out both planned and reactive service visits as scheduled in a timely manner.
- Lifting of access covers, pumping equipment and all associated components from ground level to an approximate depth of 10m using the appropriate tools supplied by Xylem Water Solution UK Ltd.
- Working in an outdoor environment in different weather conditions on a daily basis.
- Driving a company vehicle to the standard required by Xylem Water Solution UK Ltd, as detailed in the Company policy to and from scheduled and reactive calls.
- Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
- Guide and supports junior team members; may assist in their formal training
- Essential – Minimum Electrically qualified to City & Guilds/NVQ 2330 Level 3 or industry equivalent, (including 17th Edition) or Mechanical equivalent (dependant on role)
- Essential - Excellent knowledge of pumps/pumping systems, associated equipment, 3 phase industrial electrics, fault finding and testing of electrical components / panels to 17th Edition.
- Full driving licence
- Able to use a PDA system and various customer management logging-in systems