Production WorkerOperations | Auburn, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Provide a variety of service functions including fork truck operation minor stock and storekeeper work, assembly and sub-assembly, pickup and delivery of parts and tools. Some packing and other miscellaneous duties related to the assembly floor and contiguous operations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Must be alert and exercise some judgment in the performance of assigned duties and provide co-workers with proper service.
- Standard procedures followed in pump assembly to expedite and correct assembly.
- Initiative required to service co-workers and in applying routine procedures in pump assembly.
- Refer all questions to supervisor which do not occur in the normal course of job
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Able to read simple drawings; use scale, gauges and similar measuring instruments. High school diploma or GED
- At least 2 years experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work may require occasional heavy lifting or moderate physical effort in handling various assemblies.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Average assembly conditions exposed to dirt, oil and damp conditions.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.