Internal Controls/ Audit AnalystFinance | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Analyst, Internal Controls. The Internal Controls Analyst will support the Global Business Services (GBS) in performing and maintaining a strong internal control environment to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and safeguarding of company assets. This position will have an integral part in Management’s Internal Controls Group (ICG).
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing and assisting with management’s monitoring activities (Monitoring Controls Framework)
- Assisting and leading special projects to enhance the control environment
- Executing centralized Sarbanes Oxley internal controls as needed
- Provide other support as necessary for the Business Units, internal audit and external audit support
- Analysis, reporting and timely filing of unclaimed property
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support GBS Compliance Manager in the ongoing monitoring, documentation and testing of the internal controls for the Global Business Services environment as mandated by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. This role will work with GBS Compliance Manager, GBS Process owners and the Americas Internal Control Group to ensure adherence to company requirements and compliance guidelines established for the performance, documentation and testing of internal controls as required by Section 302 and 404 Act following the 2013 COSO Framework.
- Assist GBS Compliance Manage to build a leading practice control environment with consistent Key Controls to minimize risks & drive efficiencies for supported Business Services. Utilizing the GBS centralized tools platform, support the building and deployment of key controls to be preventative and automated where ever possible as services are rolled out globally.
- Assist the GBS Compliance Manager and/or Senior Manager, Internal Controls, with audit management (internal and external) as needed.
- Assist in the update, maintenance and ongoing utilization of GBS Governance, Risk and Compliance tools and process. Review, analyze and coordinate the remediation and/or implementation of mitigating controls of audit violations for supported Business Services. This covers all Access Controls, Change Management Controls Segregation-Of-Duties and Transaction Controls for all Global Business Service and Business Units utilizing the GBS tools globally.
- Analysis, reporting and timely filing of unclaimed property in accordance with escheatment laws governing unclaimed property. Work with Business units and GBS Global Process Owners to ensure compliance with processes related to Unclaimed Property reporting for Xylem Inc. and all related legal entities globally. Work with 3rd party providers and utilize tools to research and file claims for Xylem for the return of any escheated Xylem’s funds. Ongoing knowledge building and stay current to states and county laws and regulation governing unclaimed property.
- Ensure Record Retention and Data Protection policies are current and operating effectively for all GBS Locations and aligned with Xylem’s requirements and policies.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 1-3 years' of relevant experience
- Previous experience in documenting SOX controls (Control Matrix, Narratives & IPE)
- Must have strong knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized, articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated the ability to engage GBS and business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps, and implement solutions successfully
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Must be able to travel domestically (potential limited international travel)
- Audit and/or Internal Controls experience and/or training
- Working knowledge of Unclaimed Property management
- Previous experience in developing and writing accounting policies and procedures
- Experience with OneStream, Oracle, Workday, Catalyst, Emagia, Informatica’s MDM software and TeamGuru
- CPA or CIA (or working towards) is preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (Less than 10%)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.