Financial AccountantFinance | Madrid, Spain, Spain
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We are looking for an experienced accounting/finance role with high potential to grow in Iberia. You will form part of the Iberian accounting team of 6 people and will strive towards process improvements and automation providing advice on accounting implications. The role can be based in Lisbon or Madrid. You will start taking care of some accounting areas for the Portuguese unit or the whole Iberia as well as supporting the Spanish unit when necessary. Working closely with other departments in a highly collaborative international environment within the water industry. You will be exposed firstly to local accounting and later participate in corporate reporting following US GAAP and SOX for internal controls.
- You will be an active role on the Iberian accounting team participating in the preparation, process, supervision & analysis of GL postings (AP, AR, GL, FA, IN, TX, T&E, PPV, etc ..) being mainly focus on the Portuguese unit, or some specific area for Iberia. Support of the Spanish unit when necessary.
- Reconciliation of management accounts and analysis of balances (balance sheet, PL, gross profit, revenue and product margins analysis, …) vs MTD/QTD/YTD.
- Production of debtor, creditor and inventory reconciliations besides aging reports.
- Preparation and review of contract-related balances (deferred revenue, WIP and accruals).
- Act as the main back up for relevant month end postings & analysis. As an example Payroll (booking the payroll journal and other related transactions such as PRP accruals, holiday pay accruals, etc) and tax compliance (ensure ongoing compliance with local fiscal requirements to include, as appropriate, VAT / PAYE / indirect taxes, withholding taxes, corporate taxes, and duties).
- Participate with the completion of SOX internal controls.
- Collaborate and support the finance director (based in Madrid) as required.
- Adherence to the month end process and ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Assist with the annual audit process including the preparation of all relevant audit and tax information and liaising with the Group auditors. Also, for internal audits.
- Treasury. Lead the cheque reception cycle (AR) and process it through a new digitalization process with our bank partner.
- To assist with systems improvement and develop internal reporting to improve management information. Become a key user of BPC´s (AS400 IBM and Cognos and SAP BO as its business information tool). Contribute to the digitalization process to decrease the physical document archive and generate reports on an ad hoc basis.
- To work with key departments to identify the key risks and opportunities, issues, trends and potential alternatives within the business to improve process towards the month-end and reporting.
- University degree in finance or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
Fluency in English and Portuguese is a must, Spanish desirable.
- Proven experience in accounting / financial management
MS Excel skills: must be comfortable producing reports using VLOOKUP and Pivot Table functionality.
Knowledge US GAAP
- Desirable experience of working with the AS400 accounting system
- A fine eye for detail required.
- Negotiation and influencing skills necessary.
Travel required when necessary (10% of the time if needed )
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.