Field SupervisorOperations | Tucson, AZ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire a Field Supervisor. The primary accountabilities of this position are to manage the delivery of most aspects of project scope safely and effectively, to ensure safety, and planning field operations. The Supervisor will manage multiple crews, specialized vehicles/equipment, insures inventory on the trucks, building, material, the use of traffic control safety devices and special processes. The Supervisor will spend 65% of their time in the field. of their time in the field.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Safety: To ensure that our team members adhere to all of the Xylem Safety training and protocols for each given task and have the necessary PPE to do so. Promotes a safety focused culture by carrying out programs such as documenting “ride along” with a crew each week and ensuring a regular touchpoint with every team member with daily safety talks.
- Staff Leadership: Work with the PM to hire, develop, support, supervise and coach multiple direct reports (field personnel). Execute the established training program for all field personnel. Ensure staff adhere to established policies, procedures (safety, operational, equipment care/use,), and stay in compliance with applicable regulations (such as DOT).
- Scope Delivery: Understands the contract and the scope of the project. Works directly with project team to ensure the positive delivery of the scope. Schedules and manages field staff in executing scope for the projects. When applicable, provides input during the proposal phase of projects.
- Internal and External Communication: Keep internal stakeholders informed of project activities, as well as risk and mitigation strategies. Ensure the Program/Project Manager is informed of project related updates, safety, production reports, project related issues/scope creep.
- Quality Management: Responsible for effective quality assurance and quality control on all aspects of the project. Analyze project data, identify discrepancies, and develop and implement corrective actions.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Ability to help build and deliver operational plans that meet strategic business goals
- Ability to mitigate the negative impact of equipment related issues, service, and breakdowns
- Ability to pass DOT Physical, background check and drug screening
- Ability to work logically and systematically, with good work time management
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in all interactions with staff, general public, clients, and contractors
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including conflict and issue resolution
- Efficient in Microsoft Office and standard asset tracking systems/software
- Flexibility and the ability to manage change
- GIS literacy
- IT literacy and the ability to handle electronic data
- Proactive with a high level of attention to detail
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills plus the ability to think laterally while offering creative solutions
- Professional appearance
- Proven Map Reading; understanding of As-Built Drawings
- Safe driver with a valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work well as part of a team
- Water Distribution System Experience
- GED or High School Diploma
- GA Water Distribution Operators License (or ability to gain through reciprocity)
- Previous Management Experience
- Traffic Control Certification
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Working in high heat for 7 or more hours per day
- Lift 75lbs of concrete
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Management of Diverse Team
- High Heat
- High Production Environment
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.