Field Service Electrical TechnicianOperations | Boston, MA, United States
We’re Hiring for a Field Service Electrical Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Field Service Electrical Technician will be responsible for deploying, commissioning, calibrating and troubleshooting a variety of hydrological, meteorological systems and sensors, telemetry, and data logging devices. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Install, calibrate, troubleshoot, and maintain automated weather, hydrology, water quality sensors and telemetry systems at field stations.
- Assist with installations that require small scale construction of temporary structures, using power tools and wiring of instrumentation and 12V power supply systems.
- Communicate with clients, provide service reports, and training on systems and software.
- Follow SOP’s, safety protocols and maintain required safety certifications.
- Travel to remote sites in natural settings that includes driving off road and occasional short rides on boats operated by the client.
- A.S. in Electronics, Natural Sciences or other technical discipline and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with calibrating and maintaining and troubleshooting electronics used for precision measurements.
- Understanding of 12V DC power supply systems, including solar.
- Ability to communicate effectively through email and telephone.
- Experienced user of MS Office products.
- Willingness to learn using manuals, support and training about scientific data collection and telemetry devices.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently.
- Experience with working in the field in a natural setting, and in/over/near water.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment will be field based approximately 75% of the time, with a moderate amount of overnight travel and occasional international travel and the physical demands may include but not limited to regularly sitting, standing, lifting up to 50 lbs. In addition, this role requires travel for 50-75% of total hours. That consists a combination of local, national, and potentially international trips with varying duration ranging from drivable day trips to multiple nights away.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.