Demand & Supply Execution PlannerOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Demand and Supply Execution (D&SE) Planner is a new role to support our expanding wholesale channel within the SIOP organization in the Applied Water Systems (AWS) growth center. This key position is responsible for operational execution of the SIOP plan in the 0-12 week window for assigned product lines and skus
The D&SE Planner will develop early warning item level reporting to monitor forecast consumption to plan, inventory level to target, production schedule attainment, supplier delivery performance, and distribution and logistics execution. Coordinating closely with Customer Service, Sales, Master Planning and Purchasing teams, the D&SE Planner will translate variances to the plan into the details that drive near-term actions in the End-to-End Supply Chain. By quickly identifying and providing transparency of the gaps to the plan, business stakeholders can take proactive actions to better match supply to demand in the execution window.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Chair the weekly D&SE process meeting with key stakeholders and track action plans.
- Analyze data to identify items to be included in the Demand Control Process.
- Mange the Demand Control process with engagement of key stakeholders.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) relevant to D&SE and report on state of the business.
- Identify and quantify risks to the operating plan. Gain cross functional alignment on priorities and goals. Clearly communicate actions to maintain alignment.
- Proactively identify supply gaps, identify and monitor events requiring extended lead time, monitor and report expedited freight expense.
- Actively manage inputs that drive On-Time-Delivery (OTD) performance. Coordinate with process stakeholders to identify root cause and corrective actions for OTD misses.
- Participate in the evaluation and maintenance of safety stock parameters. Partner with stakeholders to identify actions for E&O inventory.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Analytics or Operation Management
- A minimum of 2 years of functional experience in Demand or Supply Planning.
- Wholesale experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of driving continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship skills and the ability to influence without direct authority
- Strong leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills to drive decisions and build consensus among stakeholders.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Ability to build reporting in Power BI / Tableau as needed.
- Detail oriented and strong sense of urgency to drive results
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the work space
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- If remote: Computer and mobile phone will be provided.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.