- Suitable for the disinfection of drinking water and industrial applications up to 4,000 m³/h (26 MGD)
- Validated performance by state-of-the-art bioassay in compliance with USEPA’s UVDGM (2006) and DVGW certification
- Maximum effectiveness against waterborne pathogens with special attention to the effects of low UV wavelengths (<240 nm)
- Powerful Multiray medium pressure UV lamp technology and high efficiency electronic ballast technology
- OptiDose Control - Xylem's Wedeco true intensity based control philosophy
- Operator-friendly, PLC-based UV system controller with SCADA communication
- Chemical-free, automatic, mechanical wiping system
- ÖNORM-certified UV intensity sensor (one sensor per lamp)
- OptiCone flow diverter
Easily fits local conditions
Xylem's Wedeco Quadron Series is a proven, compact UV solution for the disinfection of drinking water, process water, and other high UV transmittance liquids, whenever a closed-vessel, medium pressure UV system is preferred. The Quadron's compact size makes it the ideal solution whenever the space available for installing a UV disinfection system is at a premium, offering tremendous flexibility for retrofitting existing water treatment plants large and small.
Even flow distribution within the irradiation section is crucial for high disinfection performance. Thanks to the patented OptiCone flow diverter at the inlet, even flow distribution is ensured regardless of the upfront piping configuration. Both extensive research using complex CFD and field experience have resulted in a significant disinfection performance gain of 20% (after a 90° bend) thanks to the OptiCone. The system is also designed for low headloss keeping the required pump pressure down.
Wedeco Multiray high performance medium pressure UV lamps span the entire radiation chamber, irradiating the complete water column. The Quadron systems also feature a chemical-free cleaning system, and a monitoring system, with one sensor per lamp, to ensure that the correct UV dose is always applied.
Sensor signals are gathered via field bus technology in a compact junction box to transfer these to the control cabinet. This not only considerably reduces the wiring work required, but makes the installation less susceptible to electrical interference signals.
The Quadron's electronic ballasts are optimized to the UV lamps to minimize power consumption and enhance operational safety and lamp life. Variable lamp power from 30-100% combined with Wedeco OptiDose control ensures that the UV system is operated at just the power level needed. Conserving energy and ensuring a lamp life, of more than 8,000 hours.
Most complete proof of performance
The Quadron series is designed for maximum effectiveness against waterborne pathogens with special attention to the effects of low UV wavelengths (< 240 nm). All systems are certified according to DVGW and have been uniquely tested and validated with different quartz sleeves according to the US EPA’s UV Disinfection Guidance Manual (UVDGM 2006). By using quartz sleeves that block low UV wavelengths (as required for DVGW certification today) plants are prepared for applications where certainty of dose delivery is paramount both now and in the future. Wedeco Quadron systems are already designed to meet certain proposed updates to the UVDGM and ensure sufficient disinfection capacity without upgrades required.