Sr. Software Test and Automation Engineer (Hybrid)Engineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Sr. System Test Engineer who will work in the Engineering Group to provide end-to-end System Validation support to Sensus product lines. Products include water, gas, and electric meters, Automatic Meter Infrastructure (AMI) smart points, in-home-displays, installation tools, head-end systems, and more. The candidate will also work closely with Product Development, and SW Engineering to insure the delivery of quality products to Sensus customers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Create and execute comprehensive test plans for product and system verification
- Log detailed defect records for SW/FW engineering, including step-by-step instructions to recreate the fault
- Develop and execute manual and automated test suites
- Drive and help to establish best practices and testing processes
- Ability to work closely with IT, hardware, software, and firmware engineers to assist in debugging, test, and development end-to-end smart grid technologies
- Test all aspects of system including meter, base station, head end, and user interface behaviors
- Ability to help develop, set up, and manage test environments
- Ability to use statistical tools in solving problems
- Considerable knowledge of IT, HW, FW, and SW test methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a system verification related field
- Experience in System Integration of complex multi-product system networks with strong networking skills and interoperability background. (Prior exposure in smart grid applications/debug and utilities would be a plus)
- Working knowledge of data networking and communications protocols especially as applied to radio networks and WAN (wide area networks) is desirable
- Experience with XML and Experience in formal automated test tools, scripting languages Java
- Experience validating GUI interfaces
- Experience with Linux and Windows Platforms
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites
- Ability to identify and clearly document issues for resolution
- Working knowledge of some or all of the following quality assurance methods: unit, integration, regression, and user interface testing
- AMI/AMR SMart Metering and Grid experience desired
- Experience to determine if test automation should use commercial tools and/or custom scripts coupled with the ability to develop automated custom QA solutions
- Familiarity with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution, test case management tools
- SQL and Oracle database knowledge and experience with software configuration management is desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience testing Data Networking, Linux OS, Cloud-based environments, and/or computer architectures.
- Experience testing database applications, including basic knowledge of SQL, Oracle and/or Mongo databases
- Experience working with UI test tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, SOAPUI.
- Experience using Jira, TestRail and GitHub or other development and test management tools
- Experience with creating and executing test automation a plus.
- Programming and scripting language experience a plus.
- Experience working with IoT or metering infrastructure products and components a definite plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office and lab environment. Includes handling hardware devices for purposes of test configuration and test execution.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Required to interact employees on a daily basis.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Working in an RF (Radio Frequency) environment.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.