Sales Manager, RomaniaSales | Torokbalint, Hungary, Hungary
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Sales Manager is responsible for leading the overall orders, revenue and gross margin growth of Xylem’s portfolio of solutions and services within the assigned region. As a Sales Manager, you will manage key customer relationships and consultatively sell Xylem’s extensive portfolio into the region with support from a centralized team of application engineers. This role will also require you to lead your team’s daily sales efforts by motivating and coaching sales staff to drive company and regional growth, recognize and react to market conditions while developing, recruiting, mentoring, goal setting and coaching the sales team.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop sales plans, activities, and campaigns and manage the day-to-day activities of a sales team in order to implement the organization’s overall sales strategy for an assigned geography, product line, market segment, or list of customer accounts.
- Maintain a consultative, value-selling approach to solve customers’ needs that leverage Xylem’s full portfolio of water solutions and services
- Foster customer intimacy through key account management of identified customers/consultants within the region
- Grow and maintain an effective sales pipeline and prioritize opportunities based on factors such as customer relationship, size ($), sales stage (proposal, bid, negotiations, etc.), and potential margin
- Drive sales activities throughout the entire sales process with application engineering team from submitting proposals, bidding and contract negotiations
- Partner with Marketing to manage distributor and industry conferences, trade shows and other trade organizations to drive sales within the region.
- Contribute to the development of sales, marketing, customer retention, advertising, pricing, and distribution strategies.
- Partner with distribution partners and other indirect channel partners in the region as required
- Coach sales representatives on the technical aspects of the organization’s products and services; on marketing campaigns and sales promotions; and on sales techniques, procedures and standards that will help them achieve their sales targets.
- Manage selling costs and travel expenses as well as approve budgets and strive to operate within approved budgets for each fiscal quarter and year.
- Attain target gross profit margins and sales and rental volumes to maintain profitable operations and to enhance the company's position and future growth in the industry.
- Produce sales and marketing reports as needed
- Participate in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Proficient in oral and written Romanian and English
- University degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years of successful sales management
- Extensive knowledge of consultative and value-based selling
- Demonstrated successful sales experience with sales budget/region responsibility
- Experience in the water and wastewater industry especially with public utilities and industrial customers
Travel requirement: 50%+ or as required
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.