Project Manager - RomaniaProject Management | Torokbalint, Hungary, Hungary
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Xylem is seeking a Project Manager who will manage strategic projects to assure timely implementation of deliverables, and manage customer/stakeholder expectations through regular communications, while focusing on data analysis and reporting. The Project Manager will play a significant role in supporting Xylem’s expansion in Eastern European by driving the implementation of standard business systems and processes. Furthermore, they will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of key customer projects as required. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while meeting our code of conduct, ethics and compliance.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for authoring project plans, project charters, and risk mitigation plans to support expanding Xylem’s presence in Eastern Europe in coordination with our partners
- Ensure problems, risks, issues and dependencies are identified and managed which may affect the successful delivery of assigned projects
- Establish roles, responsibilities, business systems and processes in new regions in coordination with Xylem’s Eastern Europe Center of Excellence
- Work collaboratively with Xylem’s Continuous Improvement, Commercial Excellence and IT teams to support ongoing strategic projects and other improvement priorities for the company
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset to be a change agent who will work to remove organizational barriers and improve business processes
- Support local Sales Managers with order acquisition and execution as required to ensure exceptional customer experience
- Manage project change orders, contract requirements, and project deliverables during the execution of a customer order in collaboration with Xylem’s Eastern Europe Center of Excellence
- Proactively ensure that Xylem’s business is fully compliant with our Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct
- Participate in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Proficient in oral and written Romanian and English; additional languages is beneficial
- University degree in engineering, business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Willing to comply with Xylem’s Code of Conduct to ensure ethics and compliance
- Minimum of 5 years of successful project management, production planning or relevant equivalent experience
- Proven project management experience with management of various sized teams and diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to direct tasks to ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget, to quality and project interdependencies are identified and actively managed.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple work-streams and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and adopt a structured working method but with the ability to react quickly to change.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to adapt in a fast moving environment
- Cultural awareness and ability to adapt communication style when working with customers and stakeholders
- Customer focused, enthusiastic and flexible with an ability to find solutions to problems.
- Ability to travel within Romania and other Eastern Europe countries
- Have a passion to solve the world’s water and sustainability challenges
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.