Project Engineer: Based from home supporting Service & Rental NorthEngineering | United Kingdom, United Kingdom
This is a hybrid role that will involve, working from home, office and site in the North of England.
(On the M62 corridor)
What will I be doing?
To support day to day operation of Xylem North East and North West - Service for Workshop, Site Services & Rental.
- This is salaried position and is a non-muni role, so for example working on site at Drax supporting their requirements and SHB PS, Cleveland Potash, United Utilities, Severn Trent Services etc to scope jobs and quote accordingly.
- Arranging site visits for Rental over pumping quoting and installation.
- Arranging your own diary and being accountable.
- Supporting the Farnborough CS Teams with issues and site support.
- Creating Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Organising Safety Equipment and PPE.
- Working with Scheduling to ensure PPM’s are up to date.
- Chasing outstanding work.
- Supporting engineers with help, advice and guidance.
- Arranging parts and equipment.
- Working with Flygt Service in the creation of job cards & billing.
- Liaising with Thirsk Admin support.
- Taking ownership for jobs awarded from quotation to completion of installation.
- Working with the other departments including Contracts Nottingham and the Sales department & Thirsk Workshop.
- Working with the Area’s Field Sales Team & arranging joint site visits.
- Working with the Sales teams.
- Working with Xylem Technical.
- This role is – 39 hours per week and will require a degree of flexibility.
- Training will depend on the needs of the successful applicant.
Competitive basic salary, Pension, 25 days holiday, Flexible benefits, Health Cash Plan, ShareSave, company vehicle.
Skills / Education / Qualifications Required
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to manage own
- Experience working in pump hire installation or similar field.
- Able to work under pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines
- IT literacy – if not training will be provided.
- Customer focused with an excellent telephone
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.