Junior Validation EngineerOperations | Montecchio Maggiore, Italy, Italy
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Validation Engineer will be part of Quality structure to sustain the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) in the new product development (NPD) especially but not limited to electronic components (Hardware and Firmware) with Agile approach and a continuous improvement mindset.
In Product Development phase, he will conduct and organize activities such as Validation and Reliability tests on Hardware and Firmware and design-FMEA collaborating with R&D.
In Process Development, he will support electronic parts review with Suppliers, production requirements and testing definition.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Conduct Validation Activities on Software/Firmware and Hardware in inverter applications for water pumping systems.
- Read electronic schematics, analyze field issues on products identifying root causes and support solution definition
- Understand main software/firmware structures, review functions, use cases and define testing strategies on final application or in simulated applications.
- Work in Agile sprints as Quality assurance tester (Kanban or Scrum)
- Support APQP activities in charge of Quality into Xylem Product Development (XPD) projects
- Participate in Design-FMEA and Critical Characteristic definition on electronic boards in the multifunctional team.
- Support hardware and firmware specification and design review activities with Suppliers and Xylem R&D
- Support Supply chain definition, product requirements, and Suppliers Qualification activities.
- Availability to travel and visit Xylem plants and suppliers all over the world.
- Support ISO 9001 activity within the XPD and be part of the internal auditor team.
- Bachelor degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent
- Good communication skill in written and spoken English and fluent in Italian is a must.
- Basics of Firmware/Software automatized Validation (ex. Jenkins) and/or Labview
- Electric/Electronic Schematic reading and PCBA analysis
- Use of PC, MS Office, Access and Minitab
- Problem-solving approach and a root cause analysis methodology knowledge
- Team working attitude
- Natural attitude to create open and honest relationship.
- Is a plus experience in a similar position, within inverters or electrical motor industries with Agile approach or other equivalent experience
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.