IT Cloud Web Application DeveloperInformation Technology | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The IT Cloud Application Developer is responsible for designing and developing web applications that support strategic business processes. The developer partners with business liaisons to understand the elicited software requirements to ensure that the operations of the application are created and maintained in a consistent, logical, error-free, and optimal manner.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Partner with business liaisons to define functional, and design requirements for enhanced end-user experience for web applications.
- Design user interfaces by using conceptual design techniques such as creating visual mockups, prototypes, and diagrams
- Enhance, maintain, and troubleshoot web application requests
- Improve the user-experience by applying best practices and industry trends currently in the marketplace.
- Adheres to best practice cloud architecture and development standards.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve user satisfaction.
- Provide on call support for run-time issues for web applications.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience is required.
- 5 plus year web development.
- 1 Year minimum cloud-based development, preferably using Azure.
- Programming experience in C#, .NET.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum software development model.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams.
- Ability to travel (20% expectation).
- Exposure to Select, Configure, Price, Quote (SCPQ) business domain.
- Exposure to JIRA and Bitbucket tools.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company (20% expectation).
- Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.