Intern - Reservoir Program - Summer/Fall 2022 (Part-time)College-University Recruiting | Washington D.C., United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: As a member of the Government and Industry Relations team, the Reservoir Program Intern will report to the Reservoir Program Manager and help support the launch of the Reservoir Center. The Reservoir Center for Water Solutions – or “Reservoir” for short - will serve as a place to bring together stakeholders across the global water community and collaborate on solving shared challenges. This kind of cooperation is essential to solving the world’s biggest water affordability, quality and resilience challenges and enabling a more water-secure, sustainable future.
*Part-time (20 hours) a week through summer/fall 2022*
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Ensure Reservoir achieves its strategic objectives of positioning Reservoir as a sector unifier and thought leader
- Build partnerships with the DC community and youth to turn Reservoir into the global crossroads of the sector
- Contribute towards the development of policies and procedures for Reservoir facility access by partner organizations
- Ensure productive utilization of the Reservoir space
- Support work on a series of substantive programs
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree.
- Working knowledge or interest in the water sector, including experience with water and wastewater treatment, transport, and measurement technologies
- Interest interfacing with public policy, sustainability, and water technology experts
- Demonstrated effective relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Experience and demonstrated success in organizing, convening and mobilizing cross-functional teams
- Intellectual curiosity, interdisciplinary thinking, and the ability to ‘connect the dots’
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Passion for water and sustainability
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- This role will be a combination of remote and in-person work (the Reservoir facility is located in the Navy Yard neighborhood of Washington, DC). This role could be exclusively meant for the Summer semester of 2022 or beyond into the Fall semester for the remainder of the 2022 calendar year.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.