EHS ManagerOperations | Cegled, Hungary, Hungary
EHS Manager Abony/Cegled manufacturing sites
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
EHS Manager Abony/Cegled Manufacturing Sites reporting to the Hungarian Operations Manager & Site Leader is supporting the approach towards an elevated Safety culture, driving the local effort to implement the EHS and Sustainability strategy and is responsible for the management of the EHS Integrated Management System, in compliance with current regulations and company policies.
- Lead the EHS for manufacturing sites as per the established Europe EHS and Sustainability strategy: lead the local team to deliver country level established EHS and Sustainability objectives.
- Develop and promote a culture of safe working through safety leadership, good practice sharing, standards engagement, risk assessment and mitigation and communication.
- Develop and coach the local teams to foster learning with understanding on EHS systems and processes while providing information, instruction, and training at all levels of the organization.
- Develop, deploy, and review Company’s Environmental, Health & Safety and Sustainability operational policies and procedures in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, & Xylem corporate model programs.
- Provide professional EHS support to local site and management team by ensuring compliance with applicable (EU, regional and local) EHS, Sustainability and fire protection regulatory requirements as well as with Xylem EHS Policies
- Support EHS audits, inspections and positive interventions across all business units and locations within the geography.
- Lead incident investigations to identify root causes, develop and implement corrective action plans. Ensure sharing of learnings across the greater Xylem business.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly EHS and Sustainability data reporting; take action in case of deviation to the established EHS goals.
- Support the ISO 14001 and 45001 process (i.e. ensure compliance of all company activities with the ISO standard, guarantee the maintenance of the ISO certification, manage all the Policies and Instructions so that they meet the ISO requirement)
- Support, and where required develop a change management program to minimize/eliminate EHS impacts through business changes/improvements.
- Act as the subject lead on all EHS topics relating to the business and its processes such as REACH, RoHS, WEEE and other applicable topics.
- Ensure compliance with all the conditions specified in the EHS operating permits.
- Ensure exposure to hazardous substances such as noise and chemicals are minimized, measured and results acted upon.
- Ensure EHS related issues are communicated in a timely manner to Hungarian Operations Manager & Site Leader and Regional EHS Manager.
- Support the budget process ensuring EHS issues are discussed and, where applicable, action taken.
- Support and where required drive continuous improvement initiatives specifically those relating/impacting on EHS.
- Support the new employee induction process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health, Safety or related.
- Minimum of 5 years environmental, health, and safety experience in a leadership position.
- Understanding of the ISO 14001 and 45001 management standards and their application in the work environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of EU, country and local laws and regulations related to EHS & industry specific compliance.
- Knowledge of related industry's technologies, processes, innovations, issues, and initiatives.
- Experienced in leadership.
- Experienced in change management and working in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in the management of EHS operating permits.
- Experience in the supervision/management of professional and administrative staff.
- A proven track record and experience in driving a successful cultural change.
· Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
· Highly developed emotional intelligence.
· Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
· Pro-active to drive for results.
· Solution provider.
· Ability to produce high quality statistical analysis.
· Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiate as well as being a team player.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and apply urgency when needed.
· Very good planning and organizational skills.
· Strong and assertive when dealing with internal and external suppliers/customers.
· Highly developed oral and written communication skills in local language (Hungarian) and English.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin color, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.