Customer Support Technician - HYPACKOperations | Middletown, CT, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: HYPACK seeks an outstanding intermediate-level Customer Support Technician to resolve customer technical support issues and provide remote training for all HYPACK software products and related hydrographic survey equipment. The successful candidate must work collaboratively across all HYPACK departments to deliver world-class service to every customer’s inquiries. This is the ideal position for any early-to-mid career hydrographer seeking a challenging and fast-paced technical position!
HYPACK, a Xylem brand, develops Windows-based software for the hydrographic and dredging industries. HYPACK was founded in 1984 as a small hydrographic consultancy. Today, HYPACK is one of the most widely used hydrographic surveying packages in the world, with more than 10,000 users. HYPACK provides surveyors and dredgers with all the tools needed to design, collect, process, analyze, and generate final products in ocean, coastal, and inland waters.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone, direct calls and create support tickets
- Responds to customer telephone or email inquiries for technical support about HYPACK software and related hydrographic surveying equipment;
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer support inquiries;
- Documents customer cases, product complaints, and software issues;
- Regularly writes knowledge articles to be shared with the customer base through newsletter or other company social media.
- Periodically provide after-hours support, as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. 2- or 4-years of college preferred.
- Evidence of career training progression through industry or government short courses or academic certificate programs in hydrography and/or dredging.
- A minimum of 4 years industry or government experience in hydrographic surveying.
- Work history to include a minimum of 2 years’ current experience using HYPACK software.
- Must possess a current passport and valid driver’s license; must maintain a good driving record.
- Strong communications skills; the abilities to ask questions, think critically, and actively seek guidance from others are essential.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, especially tact and patience; must be a team player.
- Must show attention to detail and dedication to excellent customer outcomes.
- Must show a willingness to learn, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities.
- Must be able to multi-task and solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers
- Regularly required to walk, sit, or stand; and drive a vehicle for extended periods
- Occasionally lift and or move up to 25 lbs.
- Vision or corrected vision for close, distance and peripheral vision
- Travel up to 25%
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Standard work week: 40 hours
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Field (at customer sites): Occasional exposer to hazards that require knowledge and use of general PPE such as safety shoes, life jackets, hardhats, and hearing protection. Noise levels in the work environment are usually moderate but may occasionally be excessive. Job sites could be in marine, construction, or other industrial settings (such as aboard dredges or survey vessels).
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.