Compliance EngineerEngineering | Irvine, CA, United States
We’re Hiring for a Compliance Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Compliance Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that our product complies to agency and regulatory standards and safeguarding the organization against liability. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for providing requirements on safety standards and coordinating agency validation testing, for generation and maintenance of Declaration of Conformity documentation; responsible for organization and maintenance of all agency related documentation, including product testing and site audits. May be assigned the engineering responsibility for geographical regions, markets, product lines and/or projects of varying scope and complexity. This position will be participating in a global, multi-functional team based environment, manufacturing and developing cutting edge product designs for the various markets served by Rule, Jabsco & Flojet product brands. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Supports, maintains & develops the company’s compliance document portfolio for a diverse range of Xylem pumps and accessory products that are sold in domestic and international markets.
- Develops/maintains working relationship with North America product certifying agency including UL, NSF, CSA, NMMA, etc.
- Interprets product compliance requirements after reviewing applicable Global regulatory agencies requirements including RCM, GB 4806, UKCA, WRAS, ACS, ABYC, Prop 65, TSCA, etc. and all applicable EU Directives and regulations including Machinery, Recreational Craft, Low Voltage, EMC, EC1935/2004, WEEE, REACH, RoHS, etc.
- Works with third party testing laboratory for product testing to meet different product compliance requirements including EMC, Ignition Protection, Marine product testing, Migration test, etc.
- Assembles information from various sources to support the submission of data to official bodies such as UL, CSA, NSF, Notified body, ECHA etc. and retain records.
- Keeps abreast of the latest International Standards, government regulations and all applicable product compliance requirement changes by reading technical journals and publications and attending seminars as required.
- Supports review of internal documentation, drawings, labels, manuals, etc. to ensure they are accurate and consistent with agency file documentation and marking requirements.
- Participates in the Engineering Change Process; responsible for change compliance reviews and approvals.
- Prepares compliance requirements for new products or new business opportunities by studying through applicable standards.
- Provides extensive support to Compliance Engineer(s) with use of their acquired technical knowledge and expertise in the field of engineering and compliance applications.
- Assists in performing product safety review and maintaining technical files.
- Enforces agency and regulatory compliance for all existing products.
- Provides engineering support to resolve product and/or manufacturing problems relating to compliance issues.
- Develops methods and techniques to be used for standardization of approach to specific administrative problems in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Prepares progress reports related to assignments as required.
- Assists with developing timeline and scope of work for compliance related projects and activities.
- Sustains/Advances association with International product compliance solution partners and consultants.
- Interacts with internal and external customers to answer agency compliance related questions.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs.
- Requires B.S. degree in Electrical/Chemical Engineering or Technical Field or Equivalent.
- Requires 5+ years of relevant field/product experience or M.S. degree in Engineering or in a technical area of science and research with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Proficient knowledge of Engineering Standards, Principles, and experience in working with Engineering products.
- Experience working with a certifying agency like UL, NSF, CSA, and third-party testing laboratories like TÜV, INTERTEK, SGS, Bureau Veritas, Eurofins, etc.
- Understanding of working principles for positive displacement pump and electric motor is preferred.
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $57,500 to $92,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.