Application Support EngineerEngineering | Boise, ID, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a technically skilled customer-oriented entry level Application Support Engineer interested in assisting customers deploying several of Sensus’ leading products and services. You will provide the technical leadership in helping utilities, municipalities, and utility co-ops deploy and utilize wireless infrastructure and end devices along with our proprietary cloud-based software. You will be responsible for providing technical support for a system solution that is optimized, reliable, and flexible that provides advanced communications, data collection, analysis, and control capabilities
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Monitor application alerts for issues
- Evaluate incoming data for indications of pipe leaks
- Listen to recorded audio for anomalies
- Alert customers to any abnormalities via live chat and email
- Communicate with customers on any possible hardware issues
- Work with deployment teams to confirm sensor operation
- Work together with sister teams in Philippines and Singapore
- Maintain documentation of anomalies, hardware problems, and ongoing issues.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree or 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience is required.
- Unix/Linux and Windows desktop experience.
- Solid understanding of basic networking concepts.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and also be a team player.
- Self-directed, excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Familiarity with Jira/confluence for customer service considered a plus.
- Multi-lingual a plus
- Willing to work a 12-hour shift (3 days on 6:30am - 6:30pm, 4 days off - alternating with 4 days on 6:30am - 6:30pm, 3 days off) weekends included.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.