OPERATION OF DRY INSTALLED SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS
Flygt submersible pumps offer operational advantages in pump stations with dry installed pumps:
- Leakage free operation. There is no external shaft seal that can leak wastewater into the pump room.
- Flood-proof motor. If the pump room is flooded, the submersible pump keeps on working.
- Motors bigger than 10kW feature built-in cooling that minimizes the power consumption of ventilation fans. Cooling is independent of the ambient air temperature.
Service is simplified without the need to dismantle the entire pump with:
- The patented telescopic service hatch, allowing good access to the pump suction side, or the patented pivoting inlet for sizes above 350 mm (14”)
- Lifting equipment designed for handling of the motor and impeller
- Service cart and rails for easy access to the drive unit and impeller, or sled with double acting hydraulic actuator for safe handling and an improved working environment for larger pumps (see table)
The Flygt horizontal installation equipment is delivered with a sturdy stand including patented telescopic or pivoting service opening depending on pump model (see table).
- Service lifting device
- Service cart or sled and rails depending on pump model (see table)