Warehouse ManagerOperations | Perth, Australia, Australia
Could you help us solve water?
Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving our world's most critical water challenges. We are committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development and a safety culture.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Warehouse Manager, working with a small team to lead our Perth branch in delivering Xylem's promise of quality, customer satisfaction and service excellence.
In your new role, you will be responsible for operational execution, continuous improvement, and lead/support a small team.
- Responsible for safety of the team and others in the warehouse
- Build teamwork and capabilities, lead and motivate staff
- Engage with other teams to deliver the customer service experience
- Organise and supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, and shipping products
- Prioritise workload and ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the warehouse
- Evaluate equipment and labour availability; ensuring equipment and inventory are well organised
- Investigate issues related to customer shipping complaints, missing or damaged products
- On-board and train warehouse administrators, store persons, and casual employees
- Maintain high levels of physical condition within the warehouses
- Execute inventory count program per headquarters guidelines
- Deliver training on warehouse processes and systems, aligned to standard procedures for receiving, handling, storing, and shipping materials
- Monitor branch transfers and open receipts, follow-up on open issues and assist in troubleshooting
- Develop warehouse personnel through coaching, feedback, and performance reviews
- Report and action warehouse KPIs
- Demonstrated experience in a Warehouse, within a management role
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with others, with your direct line manager managing you remotely
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and time management skills
- Certificates in Logistics Management, Warehousing & Distribution, or related courses are highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office C3
- Must be an excellent communicator, with an ability to lead and motivate staff
What you will get in return
- Opportunity to work with a global, industry leader
- Company funded income protection
- Generous base salary, 11.5% superannuation contribution + annual bonus
- Subsidised Health Insurance through Medibank
- Subsidised Gym membership (50% reimbursement p.a)
- Career succession planning and ongoing training to ensure you grow within your role
- Opportunity to make a difference and become part of Xylems volunteer program “Watermark”
If you have a commercial mindset, attention to detail and a high regard for safety in the workplace we would like to hear from you. Apply Now and find out how Xylem can grow, support and benefit your career within the water industry.