Sr. Engineer Embedded FirmwareEngineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Expert in Embedded Firmware designs on various controller platforms like ST / TI / Espressif / Telit, and knowledge in analog and motor control hardware designs.
- Expert in Communication Firmware designs based on various physical layers – Wired and Wireless like RS232 / RS485 / CAN / Bluetooth / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth (BLE) / NFC.
- Expert in implementing the firmware designs for Communication Protocols like MODBUS, MQTT, CAN, SPI, I2C, and Custom Protocols for board to board communication in multi controller systems.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing, Database Management, Mobile App development concepts would be useful.
- Experience in FW designs with C/C++ language and on Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Expert in using the development platform like Keil / IAR / MPLAB
- Expert in using debugging tools, Code Analysis Tools
- Familiarity with Instrumentation and measurement of power converters
- Knowledge of requirement management and Application life cycle tools.
- Able to work in multi-disciplinary and remote-located teams.
- Experience in motor control software and VFD development would be preferable
- Familiar with UL, CSA, FM, FCC standards and regulatory requirements
- Previous experience in electromechanical industry would be preferred
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform technical feasibility study and firmware architecture design and integration
- Model, simulate, analyze the sub systems to evaluate product and design concepts
- Design and develop Micro-Controller / DSP based control & Communication boards for Variable Frequency Drives, Water Sensing, and IoT kind of applications.
- Design and validation of critical firmware components and integrate for the product / application.
- Design and develop Firmware drivers and Communication Algorithms in C, C++
- Participate in FMEA and risk assessment activities
- Follows standard R&D software guidelines for creating code, documenting code, storing code, testing and implementing the software, in the field when necessary.
- Interface as needed with product management, customers, marketing & sales in providing technical guidance on products developed.
- Be proactive in understanding product/service roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers or self-training.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree / 4 + 2-Year Master’s degree in Electronics & Communication
- 5-8 Years of Embedded Firmware designs
- Use of recognized best practice firmware/software development methodologies and processes