Software Engineering InternEngineering | Boise, ID, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is seeking a Software Engineering intern to work on their Distribution Automation product line and gain experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle and agile development model. This role will give the intern an opportunity to learn in some of the highest demand software product development practices: test automation, devops, SaaS, RF communications, and IoT devices. This role will have an impact on Sensus' bottom line by assisting in the delivery of the Distribution Automation product line.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in the creation of engineering designs within their skill level as well as participate in engineering analysis activities. Participate in software development projects starting with testing and documenting the software and working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams - hardware, software, and firmware.
- This internship offers a tremendous opportunity to develop technical skills in a booming industry with a team of developers, designers, and business professionals focused on Smart Grid technology. You will gain real life experience with a corporate position that will not only add to your resume and experience, but impact Sensus’ bottom line, and influence the future of the Smart Grid.
- Candidates should have solid teamwork skills, leadership ability, problem solving skills, analytical thinking, multi-tasking, and verbal communication skills.
- Participate in design discussions
- Assist with the design and possibly development of production code APIs.
- Assist in the development of test automation infrastructure.
- Assist with development of test automation scripts.
- Assist with functional validations, defect detection, and verifying product documentation.
- Assist in product development as warranted.
- Participate in all aspects of our Agile based project life cycle.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Rising junior or rising senior in undergrad
- Familiar with Word and Excel.
- The ability to work independently, to prioritize tasks, and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.