Senior Product EngineerEngineering | Zelienople, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Product Engineer - Clarification. A Senior Product Engineer develops new products and improvement of existing products through literature review, design evaluation, market-oriented need and laboratory/pilot testing for clarification and filtration applications in water and wastewater treatment. Be part of a team that develops industry leading water and wastewater products and applications. Senior Product Engineer is the subject matter expert for the design, development and implementation with strong techno-commercial outlook and skill sets supporting manufacturing, sales, and marketing programs. Develops products and applications and supports Xylem’s ability to achieve engineering excellence and competency to create a long-term strategic advantage in clarification. Assists in improving and increasing awareness of changing market conditions to improve Xylem’s technological and competitive position.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter expertise on key projects to ensure quality control, promote new technologies and implement best practices.
- Develop approach to meet technical and program requirements and manage development of Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), mass balances, Piping, and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), measurement and control systems and, if required, pilot test programs.
- Assist sales support and solution selling teams to develop process performance guarantees that both meet customer needs and minimize risk to the company.
- Mentor and train co-workers on product applications, performance, and limitations.
- Develop core product standard datasheets required for engineering and sales teams
- Write and evaluate 3D CFD analysis results and provide feedback and design direction to engineering department as needed
- Identify patentable features in new product development and incremental product improvements.
- Prepare and implement development plans and schedules for new products, new applications, and/or new concepts approved by the company’s Product/Process Review Committee and keep cognizant of the development and testing expense budget. Ability to act as Project Manager for Product Development projects.
- Support construction, operation of testing equipment and demonstration models for various product testing. This could include oversight of on-site testing by third parties.
- To perform functional testing including accurate collection and recording of data and maintaining the research documentation.
- May be required to support and offer consulting services to other departments, on key product design and concerns.
- Conduct on-site product evaluations specifically related to product performance and/or functionality.
- Ensure compliance with all safety, housekeeping and work rules and regulations.
- Attend trade shows/conferences to ensure products are compliant with new regulatory and technical developments.
- Write, present, and submit scientific papers to be published in key water treatment journals and conferences.
- Comply with Xylem values and code of conduct. Foster team approach.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in a related water and wastewater treatment position.
- Validated experience in Municipal Water or Wastewater Process Design and Operation.
- Experience in high-rate clarifier is not required but desirable
- Good understanding of coagulation, flocculation and clarification processes and products.
- Able to read engineering drawings and documentation.
- Possess collaborative skills; demonstrated ability for problem solving including resolving difficult issues.
- Willingness for occasional travel as required to complete the requirements of the position.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
- Writing skills necessary to generate professional lab reports from testing.
- Prior lab experience with general understanding of how to use common lab equipment is preferred
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (25-50 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Laboratory environment
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.