Senior Manager, Information TechnologyInformation Technology | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Primarily serve as the administrative manager of the IT resources based in India. The IT Sr. Manager is responsible for identifying, developing and implementing projects and initiatives to meet customer technology needs. This role will also support the unique needs of the local IT professionals who are a part of broader, global teams collectively responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation and production support of IT Enterprise Applications, IT Infrastructure and Information Security. This requires close collaboration with the IT Managers directly responsible for each of the IT groups that each local team member is a part.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Serve as the administrative manager of the IT resources at the India Tech Center, supporting a diverse team of IT professionals, comprised of software developers, business analysts and related personnel to develop, maintain and support software systems for applications, infrastructure and Information Security.
- Closely coordinate with IT Tower Leads and managers so they can better support their local teams
- Help build the team in India by participating in interviews and shepherding candidates through the recruitment process
- Develop strategies for retaining talent, support talent development, and coach team members.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the India business and India Technology Center to build positive relationship development, both horizontally and vertically
- Establish communication processes and channels across business functions
- Liaise with other teams and functions to understand, fulfill and support their requirements.
- Educate business partners about processes, roles, and capabilities
- Help to communicate, support and maintain IT standards for the architecture, design and delivery of enterprise solutions in coordination with the IT Towers leads and their managers.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of system analysis, governance, project management and software development lifecycle
- Assure that IT activities are within the limits of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- In collaboration with other IT managers, is responsible for the oversight responsibility to ensure quality and cost effective delivery of information services.
- Analyze department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy to inform business decisions
- Coach/mentor team managers pertaining to administrative and project management processes and documentation
- Continuously analyze current process and technologies to identify areas of improvement
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration with 5+ years of experience, or a Graduate Degree (Masters) in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration, with 5+ years of experience, or relevant and equivalent business or IT experience of minimum of 10 years
- 5+ years of experience facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects, based on management objectives
- Technical knowledge of IT systems & processes with extensive hands-on experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Conversant in English language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to communicate orally
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions
- Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery
- Extended hours, Monday through Friday, that aligns with global teams including occasional weekend support
- Collaboration with global teams may require participation in teleconferences outside of local office hours
- Support of business critical systems will require occasional availability or work outside of local office hours, including weekends and holidays
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.