Pump Repair MechanicOperations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The position of Pump Mechanic 3 is responsible for troubleshooting, service, repair and maintenance of Xylem products in a safe and efficient manner in a Xylem Service Center.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot diesel engines, hydraulic systems, and pump end issues and repair/rebuild as necessary using computerized diagnostic tools.
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and service various products as directed. Diagnose and report any damage to the Manager.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list, manually or digitally, for assigned product. Review list of parts with Manager and obtain approval to continue with servicing and repair.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Perform preventative maintenance on shop support equipment as directed (air dryer, chain saws, lifts, etc.).
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies and best practices.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school diploma of equivalent required. Two-year technical training or equivalent preferred.
- Three to five years of equipment maintenance experience in wastewater collection or treatment systems, preferred
- Experience with Tier 4 diesel engine repairs and maintenance preferred
- Ability to diagnose complex mechanical and electrical issues
- Working knowledge and experience with diesel engine repairs and emission control systems
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment
- Familiarity with engine diagnostic tools
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Full range of physical motions (standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting, twisting, kneeling, climbing) continually throughout 8 hours
- Shop environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standards
- Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.