Production LaborerOperations | Watsontown, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Production Laborer to support processing, production, packaging, maintenance, and shipping in the anthracite processing facility.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities in the Anthracite Processing Facility/Plant:
- Perform duties of a general laborer including production, packaging, shipping, housekeeping and general plant labor duties while following safety processes.
- Material handling including operating fork lift, front-end loaders, road/floor sweeper, etc.
- Operate and maintain fluidized bed dryers, air compressors, dust collectors, screeners, weigh-feeders, conveyor belts, bucket-elevators, bulk packaging systems and other mobile equipment.
- Maintain records for production, inventory, shipping and training documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned and follow safe working practices.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with ability and desire to multi-task in a plant environment with varying elements within an anthracite processing plant.
- Mobile Equipment Operation & Maintenance (2 years)
- Processing Equipment Operation & Maintenance (2 years)
- Miner Certification (Experienced) – MSHA
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work in and around processing equipment: Conveyors, hoppers, belt-feeders, packaging
- Climb ladders, steps, and elevated platforms
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Work from heights (occasionally)
- Safely operate mobile equipment : Open cab
- Coal Processing Environment
- Potential exposure to coal dirt & some dust (PPE equipment provided)
- Seasonally Cold/Hot environments: Typical Range: High (95°F) to Low (20°F)
- Fluctuating Work Schedules: Generally 8-10hrs/day and occasional Saturdays
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.