Parts CoordinatorOperations | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Parts Coordinator – Second Shift. This position will be responsible to pull parts from a pick list and correctly place incoming stock in the appropriate location. This position is a support role for our manufacturing assembly.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Correctly place incoming stock.
- Pull parts to a pick list for parts and pump orders.
- Package and ship parts and warehouse orders.
- Receive incoming freight from vendors.
- Maintain inventory records accurately on the system.
- Perform daily cycle counts.
- Monitor backlog of work and request assistance as required.
- Support and comply with all safety and 5S requirements related to the position.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma/GED plus 1-2 years of shop related experience.
- Must be competent in material handling using forklifts and cranes.
- Ability to perform successfully in the stockroom (internal and external stocking areas) and shipping and receiving.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong communications and teamwork skills.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work in standing or sitting position 8+ hours/shift
- Considerable movement involving reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and lifting
- Work requires close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs. Heavy parts raised to position with hoist
- Average shop conditions with some temperature variations due to seasons
- Subjected to noisy environment requires wearing of ear plugs.
- Work around and with electrical leads, electric motors & wiring
- Standard PPE required: safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes with toe and metatarsal guards, gloves and work uniform
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.