NOC Engineer (Remote)Engineering | Boise, ID, United States
We’re Hiring for a NOC Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The NOC Engineer will be responsible for providing support for our hosted customers, public cloud implementations and building and maintaining our documentation. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Good analytical and debugging skills, strong software/OS aptitude, a meticulous approach to analyzing and resolving technical problems
- Has knowledge and experience to maintain technical processes/documentation and automations/scripts
- A self-starter capable of taking initiative.
- Recognize issues that must be quickly escalated
- Work cross functionally with other Internal teams
- Ability to provide support that includes proactive monitoring, troubleshooting, system security and optimization, and Customer Service.
- Own and manage escalated support cases
- Perform root cause analysis to completion and resolution
- Log and document all issues in our issue tracking system, updating cases as needed until resolved
- Manage case load to meet defined service levels
- Provide feedback on how to improve the product
- Help improve customer support methods and processes
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs
- Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts, including nights/weekends
- This position requires a four-year college degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in IT support / Desktop Support
- Strong operating systems knowledge – Linux/Windows/VMware
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with ticketing systems (JIRA/Salesforce/Remedy)
- History with document collaboration tools (Confluence/Wiki)
- Strong verbal/communication skills required.
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals with high quality standards
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment and the position can be completed remotely.
The estimated salary range for this position is $60,000 to $65,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.