Manufacturing ManagerOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
Manage, direct and implement manufacturing strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the business goals. Focus is around on-time delivery, cost of sales, quality, regulatory compliance, gross margin and personnel. Focuses on long-term goals are the formulation, planning and implementation of strategies.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead multiple Value Stream Teams
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding pre-established manufacturing performance goals.
- Research, plan, target, and control continuous improvements in product quality, cost and lead times.
- Monitor and report on capacity requirements
- Monitor and report on material requirements
- Work with Sr. Manager Manufacturing to develop manufacturing budget and control expenses to ensure achievement of approved financial plan
- Work with Senior Management to coordinate and improve planning, scheduling and manufacturing processes to ensure effective execution of activities to meet customer demand
- Responsible for ensuring manufacturing compliance with internally defined policies, processes and procedures while ensuring regulatory compliance
- Ensure that new product development incorporates manufacturability concerns
- Continually foster a team-oriented atmosphere
- Firm commitment to “big picture” operational performance excellence
- Monitoring customer feedbacks for corrective/preventive action opportunities, and for potential device reporting requirements
- Preparing manufacturing performance reports for management review
- Performance management for team
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Mechanical Engineering, Mfg. engineering, business or management degree.
- Manufacturing or planning background, MRP II and Oracle a plus
- Experience managing teams. Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Diversified background with strong technical, business and managerial skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Additional hours may be necessary depending on manufacturing workload, schedule and business requirements
- General office environment.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.