Maintenance Technician - Night ShiftOperations | Dubois, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Maintenance Technician with mechanical and electrical experience repairing and troubleshooting various types of manufacturing equipment. Core skills in all typical maintenance disciplines are required, electrical wiring and automation are important strengths for this candidate! Qualified candidates must also be willing to work various shifts and weekends when required.
- 2-2-3 Schedule (12 hour shifts)
- Night Shift: 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Competitive salary with a night shift differential of $4.50/hour
- Paid-Time-Off: Accrue 160 hours in first year
- 12 Holidays per year
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision
- Retirement with core contribution, company match, and immediate 100% vesting
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Install, perform maintenance and repair equipment as it relates to mechanical and electrical maintenance. Work will require a comprehensive scope of technical disciplines (e.g. Mechanical drives, belts, chains, lubrication, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipe fitting, welding, instrumentation systems, electrical wiring, PLCs, troubling of all areas and general facilities maintenance.)
- Maintain good communication with production supervisors, machine operators, managers and other support personnel.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PM) and predictive maintenance (PdM) as established by standard operating procedure and regulatory requirements
- Must be positive team contributor who understands they are a service provider to all operational team members.
- Participate in training activities, both on and off site
- Document and maintain required records, and follow-up as required on all deficiencies.
- Work safely by following all safety policies, procedures and actively participate in all site safety programs.
- Identify root cause of issues during production and document issue on action logs
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Devise methods and procedures for electrical and electronic maintenance; make original contributions to resolve complex problems.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Experience in electrical and/or maintenance field (minimum of three years of experience preferred) and have the ability to repair all of the plant’s equipment. Experience in an automated manufacturing facility will be a plus!
- Requires use of higher mathematics involved in applications of electrical and electronic principles along with comprehensive knowledge of theories and practices in some related fields.
- Knowledge of traditional electrical wiring, programmable controllers, and various instrumentation systems and general industrial controls. This includes common testing equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in pneumatic/hydraulic troubleshooting; other maintenance skills in carpentry, pipe fitting and welding are also welcome attributes.
- Must manage/prioritize preventative, emergency repairs, corrective, and project work to quickly and efficiently complete tasks.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, as needed, to fulfill this job’s responsibility to the plant along with multi-shift operations.
- Above average computer skills.
- Maintain a good safety record and monitor unsafe conditions throughout the plant.
- Self-motivated individual able to use cause and affect logic to problem solve and driven to troubleshoot problems down to the most detailed level.
- Be able to follow detailed work orders, modify same through supervision or lead-person as required.
- Experience with NC/CNC machine maintenance and diagnostics is a plus but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
- May be required to occasionally endure physical exertion or both indoor and outdoor climates, possibly under adverse conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Well lit, indoor climate controlled office and plant manufacturing environment.
- May be required, on occasion, to endure stressful working conditions associated with production demands, machine failures, or various breakdowns and repairs.
- May, on occasion, be required to endure external undesirable weather conditions.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.