Inside Sales SpecialistEngineering | Charlotte, NC, United States
We’re Hiring for an Inside Sales Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Inside Sales Specialist will be part of a passionate team that strives to provide consistent legendary customer service and to support overall company goals in relation to optimizing our commercial team, acting as One Company, and driving revenue and profitability. The Inside Sales Engineer position will require strong interpersonal and communication skills in collaborating with external customers and interdepartmentally within Xylem. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develop technical depth and understanding of Xylem product and application knowledge.
- Provide Aftermarket rental, replacement and retrofit product and service selections and conversion kits and develop related quotations as necessary.
- Support to Xylem Aftermarket Territory Managers, Treatment 3rd Party Representatives, Equipment Owners, and/or other external customers by providing pre through post‐sales technical and commercial support with activities including: basic level Application Engineering support to external and internal customers with design and proposal of our aftermarket portfolio of products and services; and related follow up work that includes product and services selection, solicitation of vendor quotes, and customer quotation development.
- Respond timely to internal and external customer inquiries (technical requests, order status/updates, product availability, pricing, etc.) and/or resolve customer issues and other requests for information
- Daily utilization of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), quotation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools to input new data and maintain existing data to current status to support internal and external customer interactions and needs.
- Conduct equipment owner touch calls as necessary to support outside sales by investigating potential opportunities and effectively communicate the value proposition of Xylem’s aftermarket product and service capabilities.
- Lead or participate in special projects to create best practices, improve processes, and create training tools
- Provide support as requested for the education and training on software tools, products, services, or process flows
- Create legendary customer service experiences for internal and external customers.
- Fulfill light project coordination for equipment upgrades and refurbishments including a full range of support from oversight of schedule and communication with all related Xylem departments and external customer and may include update of technical manuals, order execution and follow‐up based on quotation, sales agreements, contract specifications.
- Participate in engineering calls, jobsite startups & troubleshooting, and external customer product education as needed.
- Handling in overflow from other sales support positions at local office as necessary
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- 1‐3 years of successful inside sales and applications experience, preferably to municipalities, industrial customers, and contractors
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical, electrical, and controls equipment and engineering fundamentals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills (written & oral)
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills & task management
- Six Sigma Green Belt candidate interest
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in Electrical and Controls technology including various PLC and HMI hardware platforms and communication protocols
- Proficient in Adobe Pro
- Familiarity with product and service selection tools
- An in‐depth understanding of CRM, quotation and ERP order entry tools and the ability to navigate the systems effectively and efficiently
- Passionate about water and the environment
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment. This position may require light lifting (up to 20-45 lbs). The weekly job hours are 8am – 5pm, M-F and up to 20% travel may be required.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.