Factory General LaborerOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand seeks to hire a Factory General Laborer. This position performs a variety of manufacturing duties necessary for general production or the assembly of water meters and various metering systems. Job duties may involve assembly, cleaning, sweeping, repairing or the assisting others. Position typically requires the use and operation of a variety of simple machines, tools and parts; and the ability to exercise judgement and care to ensure quality of work.
- Sweeping cleaning, lifting, moving, carrying; obtaining parts and/or assemblies or sub-assemblies, skids, containers, trays, etc.
- Fitting and assembling manually or with hand tools and fixtures.
- Visually check, clean, stamp, and otherwise perform such operations as required to complete assembly as instructed.
- Report unusual production or quality circumstances to supervisor.
- Maintain written or electronic production and job records.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- The ability to read, write, perform simple arithmetic,
- use simple gauges and follow instructions
- One-year prior Industrial/Manufacturing experience gained from the machining, assembly, packaging, material handling, electronics, or plastics injection molding industries is required.
- Related manufacturing or vocational-technical training in machine set-up or operation is preferred but not required.
- Basic computer familiarity is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing plant environment requiring the use of safety glasses, safety equipment, and in some areas, hearing protections.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform movements associated with part assembly, cleaning, sweeping.
- Ability to perform simple lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Shop environment, travel required, work on equipment used in water and wastewater industry
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.