Environmental, Health, Safety, Sustainability and Security CoordinatorOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
We’re Hiring for an Environmental, Health, Safety, Sustainability and Security Coordinator!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Environmental, Health, Safety, Sustainability and Security Coordinator supports critical safety and environmental processes, programs, and procedures in order to achieve a zero-injury and NOV environment. The successful candidate applies technical abilities to engage employees at all levels of the organization in order to sustain world-class safety and environmental processes. The position reports directly to the site EHS Manager. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Support EHS and Security directives in a timely manner, leading to the successful completion of projects.
- Assist in reviewing and updating safety programs and supporting training including but not limited to Lock-Out Tag-Out, exposure control, Hazard communication, electrical safety, confined space, hazard assessment, and PPE program.
- Assist in identifying, and resolving, critical regulatory issues.
- Manage incident investigations and corrective action plans.
- Assist in performing environmental audits for Air, Water, Waste, SPCC, etc.
- Act as onsite support services for the entire lifecycle of a hazardous materials management programs at client sites by performing chemical inventories, segregating chemicals, and shipping hazardous waste off-site.
- Assist in chemical spill emergencies by managing the containment, clean up, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Assist in maintaining site security and emergency preparedness administrative documentation and assist in performing practice drills, etc.
- Assist with performing training related to EHSSS.
- Assist in conducting EHSSS audits to help comply with Corporate, State, and Federal EHSSS policies and regulations.
- Assist in Leading safety teams (ergo, safety committees, risk reduction teams, etc.).
- Perform environmental regulatory inspections and lead efforts to reduce waste to landfill, electricity, nature gas, water use, etc.
- Assist in developing programs designed to Continuous Improvement EHS efforts.
- Assist Operation in achieving overall facility compliance and place focus on moving beyond compliance.
- Support HR in Short Term disability, RTW exams, pre-employment physicals and drug screens and personal employee medical conditions as needed.
- Coordinate the respirator, hearing conservation, safety shoes and safety glasses, and BBP programs including training.
- Assist in accident investigation and help facilitate the programs and procedures to ensure work related injuries are reported and investigated in order to prevent reoccurrences.
- Perform Risk Assessments and assist in driving corrective actions and creative solutions.
- Assist in the coordination of exposure monitoring schedules.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an EHSSS discipline with 0-2 years of experience and the ability to:
- Act as liaison to production supervision and personnel for exposure monitoring results, recommendations, and control strategies.
- Interface with supervisor and managers regarding health and safety matters.
- Assist in maintaining safety related permits and air monitoring equipment.
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis, system auditing, and ergonomic task analysis.
- Monitor contractor safety compliance and be able to organize, control, and coordinate the services.
- Think critically and with good problem-solving skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Workers’ Compensation laws.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment includes a Standard Office Environment with office equipment and work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements; A Manufacturing Floor with work performed within manufacturing production areas such as assembly lines, automated machinery maintenance, plastics etc. May require light lifting (20-25 lbs.), regular sitting, standing, reaching, bending, and moving about the facility. Will listen and communicate to employees on a daily basis.
The estimated salary range at this professional level is $50 to $80K. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience, and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.