Engineering Test TechnicianEngineering | San Diego, CA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Test, troubleshoot, repair and modify production electronic boards, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform test procedures to test and trouble shoot to the component level on complex circuit boards including CPU’s, digital Signal Processors, transmitters and receivers.
- Perform test procedures to validate functionality of sonar systems (ADP) both in production area and in the lake.
- Sets up standard test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, variable power supplies, frequency counters, and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production systems.
- Collect, log into database, analyze and interpret test data.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associate degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of electronics and trouble shooting
- Knowledge of test standards, methods, equipment, resources, and their application
- At least 3 years’ experience as a test technician in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated technical writing skills necessary to create work procedures for non-technical personnel
- Ability to work in a production environment with occasional off-site testing at the lake.
- Basic knowledge about computer hardware and OS Window 7, 10.
- Basic knowledge about computer language such as LabVIEW, Visual C++.
- Basic knowledge about Microsoft office.
- (Behaviors necessary to perform this position)
- Able to identify problems early in the development cycle and determine resolution
- Ability to plan, design and purchase test equipment
- Takes initiative to create and implement plans
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels within the organization.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $54,080 to $60,320 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.