Engineer To Order, Project Delivery ManagerProject Management | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
We’re Hiring for an Integrated Systems Delivery Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
We understand that every monitoring site comes with unique challenges. YSI’s Integrated Systems and Service (ISS) division is here to help. We pride ourselves in designing professional-grade systems that are customized to your monitoring needs to provide reliable data for decision making. Our experienced technicians also provide services to ensure your industry-leading instrumentation is installed correctly and maintained properly. With decades of experience in-house, direct product training, and resources from manufacturing, our experts are ready to handle the detailed logistics to ensure your site is functioning correctly for proper data collection. In addition, we also support system design, installation and maintenance for many manufacturers’ equipment.
THE ROLE: The ISS Delivery Manager will, in partnership with Sales and Operations, be accountable for the full lifecycle of custom hardware and service projects. In this role, the incumbent will also engages with sales and customers during project formation, and be directly responsible for project execution, including design, development, and delivery. The role will drive project profitability and continuous improvement of processes to ensure customer satisfaction. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assure delivery of multiple ISS custom hardware and service projects within scope, time, budget, performance, quality and other objectives. Accountable for project profitability.
- Plan and govern project lifecycle and supporting activities for all projects. Partner with Sales in scoping and quotation project phase, and take project ownership from Order through project completion. Acts as our face to the customer during project execution to ensure customer satisfaction and readiness for project deliverables.
- Assure project delivery in accordance to organization, quality and best practice expectations
- Measure and report project performance to stakeholders
- Manage internal and customer stakeholder expectations and implement required changes
- Manage project resources and their performance
- Becoming trusted advisor and advocate for customers, and ensuring high levels of impact and client satisfaction with the custom projects and services rendered
- Continuous Improvement of project/contract and change management tools & policies
- Leadership of Project Engineering Team. Partner with quality, materials, facilities, etc. to ensure strong cross-functional efforts are applied to solve problems and drive improvements to the business.
- Manages change effectively to maintain individual project profitability and meet customer expectations
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs
- Practical project management experience in at least 3 projects
- At least 5 - 10 years hands-on experience in project management, stakeholder management, vendor and contract management
- Environmental Monitoring Project experience
- Solid understanding of project management processes and best practices
- Understanding of contract lifecycle management best practices
- Procurement and/or contract management functional knowledge
- Practical people management experience in teams consisting of at least 10-15 people
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills
- Technical/Team Leadership Experience
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.