CDL A Flatbed/Field Operator: $2,500 Sign on Bonus!Operations | Feura Bush, NY, United States
We’re Hiring for a CDL A Flatbed/Field Operator $2,500 Sign on Bonus!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The CDL A Flatbed/Field Operator will be responsible for supporting the delivery, installation and operation of Xylem equipment at Service Centers and/or customer job sites. Will maintain a clean and orderly work site environment to enable safe and efficient movement of motorized equipment throughout the site. Full benefits package available to include 4 WEEKS paid time off, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Safely operate a Commercial Flatbed (CDL A) vehicle
- Posses a Department of Transportation Medical card (may obtain after hire)
- Identify or verify equipment delivery or collection with customers and perform inspections assessing if damages are present
- Maintain a detailed log of hours of service utilize Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) in accordance with state and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) guidelines
- Safely operate forklifts to safely load and secure equipment on and off trucks and trailers
- Secure loaded items on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Department of Transportation and local Department of Transportation guidelines
- Travel locally to mobilize/demobilize small pump systems; Ensure pumping system and pipeline meet operational requirements.
- Ability to work flexible hours & extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
- Some duties are location/site specific and additional duties may be required based on the business needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years’ experience in the construction industry preferred
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record; (Class B or willingness to upgrade to Class A license preferred)
- Ability to obtain Department of Transportation Medical card (may obtain after hire), meet FMCSA age requirements and obtain Hazmat endorsement, if needed
- Experience operating heavy industrial equipment forklifts, telehandlers, skid steers etc.
- Basic computer skills and ability to read design documents or other layouts as necessary
- Forklift certification preferred
DAY IN THE LIFE: This role is subjected to multiple environments such as office/warehouse environment, which includes florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise. It is also subjected to a shop/field environment which includes occasional work around pipes, vales, electrical equipment and operating machinery such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities, construction sites, water and wastewater treatment plants. The physical demands may include but not limited to lift/ transport up to 50 pounds, regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms, In addition, this role may travel up to 25% and occasional after hours phone support as a regular part of the job.
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $27.00 to $29.00 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.