Application Engineer (Water Technology)Engineering | Roma Pomezia, Italy, Italy
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with 17.000 employees dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
This role covers standard product selections (but also high technological content depending on the level of autonomy reached) through RFQ (Request For Quotations) received both from customers and from Sales Engineers. Assembly of multi-product quotations, supporting the sales force in the negotiation phase.
- Standard product selections/quotations
- Size products, even complex ones, processing variables and making adequate calculations in order to produce quotes Selling Price following Sales Strategy
- Project consolidation (multiGC offers)
- Tender Technical Specification, preparation: reads the technical specifications of public tenders and defines the products in relation to the technical and economic scores
- Interfaces for complex projects with the product managers of the Growth Centers product managers and with the product managers of the local commercial team
- Can support product managers and Sales by holding product and application education courses for sales and customers, depending on the level of product knowledge
- Assists salespeople in the field for inspections and to present complex quotes to customers
- Use company software to perform sizing (technical selection / sizing) and quotations and facilitate workflows
- He/she reports market trends to the product managers, as the main interface with the sales force
- He/she can report to the product managers any technical variations and / or modifications that may become necessary for the preparation of offers
- He/she provides the Operations department with the inputs necessary for the definition of codes and the correct start of orders.
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or Mechanical, or equivalent
- Good level of English (B2)
- minimum 2 years proven experience in Inside Sales Engineer role, quotation department.
- adapting to fast moving processes and dealing with priorities
- focus on standard and complex products and applications
- used to deliver high quality proposals/outputs
- proactive attitude
Travel requirement: 20%
LOCATION: Pomezia onsite or Napoli full remote
CONTRACT: Permanent full time
SMART WORKING: 2 days per week