Pure Technologies PureRobotics® Condition Assessment Platform
- Robotic condition assessment tool for water pipelines
- Pinpoints areas of pipe wall distress in metallic and concrete pipe
- Tethered and fully controlled to ensure data quality and reliable extraction
- Modular for quick and easy inspections using common and available access ports, without dewatering
- Electromagnetic sensors paired with live video to provide comprehensive pipe wall condition data
- Easily equipped with additional sensors to map a pipeline’s internal geometry
INFORM PROACTIVE PIPELINE MANAGEMENT
Pipe wall condition data collected by the PureRobotics® platform empowers utilities to make rehabilitation and management decisions on a pipe-by-pipe basis.
The PureRobotics platform provides pipeline owners with powerful insights that help prioritize short- and long-term investment in the pipes that need it most, while avoiding unnecessary replacement. With information on pipe wall condition, utilities can proactively manage their assets with greater confidence, reducing the risk of dangerous and expensive failures and unplanned operational expenses.
PureRobotics is a best-in-class solution that leverages over a decade of experience to simplify and streamline pipeline inspections. Using electromagnetic technology, the tool identifies and locates pipe wall defects, including:
- Localized wall loss in steel, cast iron, and ductile iron pipe,
- Broken wire wraps in prestressed and reinforced concrete cylinder pipe, and
- Broken bar wraps and cylinder wall loss in bar-wrapped pipe.
The PureRobotics platform also captures high-quality video to provide pipeline owners with additional information on pipe wall condition.
OPERATIONAL EASE WITH POWERFUL, FLEXIBLE DESIGN
The robotic tool’s modular design accommodates an array of sensors that document the condition of internal pipe lining, joints, and connections while pinpointing areas of distress. As an unmanned tool, it is a significantly safer option for inspecting critical pipelines. The platform can be used in dewatered pipes or while submerged in depressurized water pipelines. Traveling at a speed of up to 82 feet per minute (25 m/min), the tool provides quick and accurate results that allow for repairs during the same pipeline shutdown. The PureRobotics platform can inspect nearly two miles (3 km) from a single access point across a wide range of pipeline diameters — from 16 inches (400 mm) to over 120 inches (3000 mm).
With over a decade of robotics experience, Xylem has collected more than 600 miles (966 km) of data from pipeline inspections around the world. This operational experience ensures quality project management and professional inspection delivery.