Maintenance Ectro/MechanicalOperations | Cheektowaga, NY, United States
We’re Hiring for a Maintenance Ectro/Mechanical
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for set up, installation, maintenance, safety and repair of plant machinery, structures, systems, and basic electrical/electronic work.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of practices and techniques, and operation of various types of equipment, tools, fixtures and instruments.
- Plans, details, (including material and equipment requirements) and carries out all tasks related to the maintenance, repair and installation of plant equipment and structures.
- Support subcontractor installation and repair efforts.
- Receives instructions, interprets requirements and performs required tasks. Ensures work is performed in a manner which meets existing codes, specs and regulations governing the operation and installation of
- Recommends tooling and equipment necessary to support work.
- Maintains familiarization with plant emergency systems including alarms, fire fighting systems, (sprinkler, extinguishers, etc).
- Performs basic troubleshooting, modification and repair of plant electrical supply and distribution systems.
- Responds to emergency situations ensuring minimal exposure to any health or safety risks for themselves or plant personnel. Works to protect plant property against damage.
- Obtains material, fixtures and tools necessary to perform assigned duties. Rigs and operates crane, forklift truck, handcart, etc. to handle, move, and position parts and equipment as required.
- Demonstrates ability to work alone and with minimal supervision.
- Strictly adheres to start up, cleaning, and shut down procedures/directions for all paint equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance work and monthly, annual or otherwise scheduled inspections of plant equipment, vehicles, cranes, systems and tooling.
- Maintains required records (electronic and/or hard copy).
- Disposes of materials in accordance with all regulatory agency requirements.
- Verify all gauges and measuring tools are within proper calibration dates.
- Performs daily safety checks on power vehicles and record findings on check off sheets.
- Wears, cleans, and properly maintains required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Participates in all training deemed necessary to support job function and as required by regulatory agencies. Pass any required tests to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency of skills.
- Is at the forefront of Heat Transfer’s safety program. Considers and follows all safety precautions when performing work on equipment and plant systems. Ensures proper isolation of electrical devices to prevent injury or adverse affects on other systems. Observes all safety and shop rules.
- Required to perform work at heights over 20 feet. Required to use articulating boom lifts and other forms of man lifts.
- Assists and/or trains new employees in job classification.
- Maintains good housekeeping and a safe environment throughout work area(s), sweeps area(s), clears debris, etc. on a daily basis to assure this. Notifies supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Two year college degree with evidence of experience in maintenance applications or 3-5 years practical experience in a manufacturing facility including familiarity with electrical, electronic and mechanical applications. Evidence of formal training in electrical/electronics is required, but may be waived based on practical experience.
- Competent in reading, interpreting drawings and capable of performing simple math calculations (addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication).
- Must pass a written test.
- Must possess a valid New York State driver license with no moving violations for the previous two years, as well as never having been convicted of a DWI/DUI violation. Must supply a current DMV report verifying same.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a typical heavy manufacturing facility with welding, machining, assembly etc. The physical demands may include but not limited to walking, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling, and lifting up to 35lbs.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.