HVAC TechnicianOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
We’re Hiring an HVAC Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The HVAC Technician role located at our Sensus facility in Uniontown, Pennsylvania will perform in a safe, efficient, and professional manner and support the Facility Maintenance Supervisor in the preventative, corrective, and general maintenance of HVAC systems. Other duties include, but are not limited to, daily assessments of systems, maintaining a clean working environment, and other various duties as assigned by the Facility Maintenance Supervisor, while adhering to all safety and health standards. The HVAC Technician will be responsible for performing maintenance of HVAC equipment, production chillers and boilers. Responsible for performing work according to manufacturing standards and following the change process of qualified core equipment and components. This is a first shift position.
- Monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigerant, heat exchangers, HVAC equipment and systems, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, pumps, valves, piping and filters. Strong working knowledge of the mechanical functions associated with HVAC systems and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment which includes but not limited to assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount of disruption, conducting immediate clean-up of work area, completing the preventative task sheet, returning tools to workshop and unused supplies to storeroom and advising the Maintenance Supervisor of any equipment problems.
- Analyzes the operation of various systems, determines the cause of any problems/malfunctions, and takes corrective action as required.
- Follows safety practices, and utilizes protective clothing and equipment as required by the organization.
- Safely use hand tools, power tools and test instruments to maintain, troubleshoot and repair various types of equipment.
- Performs other various duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have successfully completed formal training programs on HVAC operations. Documentation or certificates will be required.
- Minimum five (2) years related experience is required.
- Universal EPA/Refrigerant License.
- Experience with Commercial Package Units
- Experience working with CMMS systems.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general technical procedures, correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Experience with the following types of equipment: HVAC, Air Compressors, Pump and Plumbing Maintenance, Electrical and Mechanical Skills are required.
- Candidates will possess an intermediate knowledge of computers and software.
- Must have ability to work with basic mathematical concepts including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and solutions to practical situations.
- Must have ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and understand system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a manufacturing facility with machinery, equipment and tools used in the assembly of water meters and various metering systems. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing plant environment requires the use of safety glasses, safety equipment, steel toed shoes, and hearing protection in some areas.
- The work environment includes heights above 15 feet.
- Must be able to work in a full range of indoor and outdoor conditions during all four seasons.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.; lift and or move up to 35 pounds; perform work on or at the roof level; and be on feet, standing, walking, and moving about the facility much of the workday.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and may work in precarious places.
- Short term cold, heat, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- Must abide by all safety guidelines including OSHA regulations, lock-out/tag-out, etc.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.