Assistant Management AccountantFinance | Nottingham, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire an Assistant Management Accountant to join our finance team in Nottingham. We offer a great working environment working in an international organization that prides itself in offering growth opportunities to our people.
Role and responsibilities:
- Calculating and posting low risk accounting entries e.g. payroll, bank, prepayments, bad debt provisions
- Performing bank reconciliations
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations for low risk accounts
- Meeting all group deadlines (including working day 3 certification to group)
- Investigating of anomalies and errors independently in the system
- Liaising with other teams and stakeholders such as our overseas shared service centre
- Looking out for continuous improvement opportunities without our current processes
- Maintaining quality documentation for SOX control purposes
Skills and experience:
- Experience in a finance role, AAT qualified/part qualified
- Able to post journal entries independently, and investigate anomalies/reconcile accounts with support
- Eager to learn and takes direction well, working as part of a team
- Organised and communicates well, particularly over email
- Strong excel skills and comfortable using a range of accounting systems